Saturday, November 2, 2013

New Town...New Adventure

Hello everyone!
So I know its been awhile since my last post, but thanks to my special redheaded friend I am going to start writing again!

So whats new with me...
I am in Austin, Texas. Thats right the place known for football, live music, and fantastic southern accents. I just flew in today and as always when I travel there is so many funny things that happened along the way!

To start the morning off was a darling 3 hour flight from Columbus, OH to Houston. And can I just say there is officially nothing more awkward then sitting next to someone, so close that your arms touch, and not speaking for THREE HOURS!! I mean I get it if its an overnight flight, or if you don't really want to engage in mindless chit chat for a entire flight. But if someone sits next to you would it be too much to go through the whole "Good Morning!" and "is this for business or pleasure?" stuff? Because the truth of the matter is once you go the first hour without speaking its a bit too late to try and ease the awkwardness and start chatting mid-flight when you are trying to casually ask them to move so you can pee.

Anyway...after catching my connecting flight, collecting my luggage, and picking up my rental car (a huge white Minivan!!) I drove to my new digs in north Austin. The area is amazing! There is FANTASTIC stores and the whole atmosphere is very sophisticated and yet a bit funky.
I am so excited to start my time here and I want to post about the fun things I find out about this great city!

Austin Fun Facts:
- Traffic lights do not hang vertically from a wire...the are mounted horizontally to a pole.
-do not stop at Walmart for groceries unless you bring your own bag. They will pile all of your stuff at the end and then ask if you would like to purchse a bag.
-It is perfectly acceptable to wear furry Ugg boots and shorts in the same outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment