Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Frustration...and Thankfulness

Ok, so I am a firm believer in the fact that everyone has bad days. But can I tell you that today for me was one of the worst...at least work was. I felt that everything I touched turned to a HOT MESS! There is nothing quite like working so hard and having nothing to show for it. Now I am not trying to just vent my frustration on here but I wanted to dig a bit deeper. First off, let me tell you I LOVE the people in my life who are positive when I am not. I have always seen my role as being the encourager, I try to inspire people and make them smile. But when I cannot be that person...when I need that person, I have them. My awesome friends and family, co-workers and mentors. You guys can really pull me out of my funk and even though you feel like all your telling me is cliches its just knowing you have my back makes the difference. Second, as a bit of encouragement for those who have had a bad day... Its hard not to take thing personally and feel like you are the reason things aren't going right. But life has very rarely gone the way I have planed. Both good and bad. The beauty I have found in life is in the things I have not planed, the spontaneous road trips, unexpected friendships, and all the amazing stops on the journey as Gods leads me. 

So anyways,  I came home after my crappy work day and after a few minutes of self pity I set down to get some perspective. I opened my Bible, well my Bible app,  and was reading a little bit about a man named Abraham.  You see in Genesis God promised to a 100 year old man and a 90 year old woman that they would have a baby. A baby that would be the start of a Great nation that would be as countless as the stars. That the same nation would live in a land that is was currently occupied by powerful armies and kings. All of that came true. Abraham and Sarah had a baby, Isaac. Isaac and his son Jacob did become the start of the great nation of Israel. God came though on his promises. God made another promise and that is found in Jeremiah. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future."(29:11) Now, I am not trying to compare my little 21st century problems with Gods great covenant with the Israelites but the underlying message is the same. If I choose to believe in Gods promises, even when it seems impossible, or just not going that way right now, my faith may be tested but definitely will come out stronger. 

So what am I thankful for? I am so overcome with thankfulness right now. For a God who keeps his promises. For people in my life who support me in what I do, even when I fail. And the opportunity to share my thoughts  with you, in hopes that this might help brighten your day in just a small way so you can be thankful too!

Also, please feel free to post you own frustration, as long as you also list something your thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment