Monday, February 13, 2012

A Real New Yorker...

So I had another day off and went out to explore a bit more of the city.  I was asked directions twice and I am pretty sure I pointed them in the right directions! I started heading north and went to Macy's at Herald Square. It really is the largest store ever!! Nine floors and I love how each brand creates its own little "store" inside. I think I have discovered something about myself while taking escalator after escalator, going up and up and passing by floors full of fun new fashion for the body and home. I realized that I walked right past most everything, giving it no more then a passing glance, that I truly thrive in Community. As I walk around New York each day part of it may be a security thing but I try to zone out everything around me except my path directly ahead. Keeping one hand on my cross body bag and one on my phone, I put my bright pink ear-buds in and walk away. However, once I enter the store I feel like I thrive. I am smiling, have no fear approaching people and starting a conversation.

I am bummed because I had wrote much more and then it didn't save... so this is all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment