Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Overflow

Hello World! Wow its been a little crazy this weekend and I have ht the point of exhaustion that almost overwhelmed me but then came this blessed day off and after sleeping for the better part of 11 hours I feel slightly more refreshed and soon I will head out to do some shopping. So to recap life here for the past few days...Friday I started my new job and lets just say that I am definitely not in Ohio anymore Todo. The people I work with have all been very nice and welcoming. They seem to like me and strangely have a fascination with my blue eyes :) The clients have all been friendly as well and what I have discovered is that confidence goes a long way with New Yorkers. Also they seen to love the fact that I am new to the city and LOVE giving me recommendations on places to see and eat, it gives us something to instantly connect with! Some fun things I have observed so far:
 (1) A lady on her knees in times square belting out "The Sun Will Come Out, Tomorrow" at the top of her lungs and then right when she gets to the chorus she stopped and was like "Oh crap! What are the words?" It was so funny! 
(2) My first street pee. Apparently in New York City it is completely socially acceptable to pop to a corner and relieve yourself. I am like seriously hold it for two seconds! 
(3) Witnessing the NY Giants winning the Super Bowl while standing in Times Square. That was just cool! :) 

Today, after my shopping splurges, I sat down at the Starbucks around the corner with my Iced Chi Latte and spent some quiet time with my Bible and Journal. Some of the thoughts I had I want to share with you! One of them is the idea of pollution. Our society is obsessed with going GREEN. We are careful to recycle and have hundreds of Organic products free of all pollutants. I was reading in Mark today when Jesus was talking with his disciples about how the pollutants he pays attention to are not the ones that we intake. We can not always control the things that are around us, the people we work with, the places we live, or the time that we have to spend doing life things. These things with out fail will pollute our lives at some point. Someone will rub us the wrong way, or goodness sakes be straight up mean. Frustrations of paying bills and my attitude can be affected. When this happens is when I display my character. Jesus said  the pollutants that come out of us are so much more important to him then the one that go in. The words, thoughts, and actions, the influence that we have on the world is something that we can control and since it is an overflow of our heart I strive to let that overflow reflect Christ. Well that's what I have for you today! Thanks for joining me on this journey and I will update you again soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment